Alright. So I know it's been awhile, but I haven't bee able to get on. And I've had enormous piles of homework which I think are starting to subside.
So I had dance this week, like I always do. I've been learning my dances. They are so amazing. I love them both. My hip hop is to Move Shake Drop, (which is a naughty song, so it's been edited for our dance), and it's finally actual hip hop. Before we were doing like wanna-be hip hop. But this year we actually do like shakes and cool tricks and it's so fun. I just hope our costumes aren't guys'. Seriously, true story. Last year our shorts were men's...I looked on the tag. But those costumes were ugly...
And for my jazz we do it to Bug a Boo by Destiny's Child. It's a cute song and way fun to dance to. And I also have a solo kind of. I go off while the rest of my class is doing this thing, and I kick into a heel stretch, and turn, and then join them again. Except I need to work on the counting, right now I kinda suck.
Sooo, I decided. I changed my mind. I'm actually going to do dance this year because I feel like It would be so cheap if I quit. I mean, I don't mean to brag, but it's so true. If I am not the best dancer in my class, I am one of them. There are so many beginners it's annoying. They can't do anything. And they're all tiny and tallish (not that there's anything wrong with height). But they are coltish. They don't really know how to move their bodies. And you can tell by watching them (at least I can, but then again I've been dancing for nine or ten years). They look awkward. They look like they feel awkward, or maybe more like they're comfortable. Because when you begin dancing like I do, if you don't feel at all weird, you're probably doing it wrong. And they are also so reserved with their movements. You can not be like that in dance. You have to put your whole self into it. And you absolutely can not worry about people watching you. People are going to watch you. If you're going to mess up, it's so much better to do it big. Then at least you're trying.
Anyway, I have to go. I have to draw some clay pots for my art sketchbook, due tomorrow. It's going to take me awhile. But I actually started it yesterday. I drew a pot, and then erased it because it was terrible. Then I drew it again, and erased all but the oval that makes the bottom. So see you all later! Hopefully my next post won't be in too long.
General Conference
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment