Thursday, January 22, 2009

Awesome Possum

Let's see...what's happened since my last post?
Well, the new semester started. New classes. Had a first day of school kind of feel. My schedule really didn't change much. My first three are exactly the same, other than the people in them and that I switched seminary teachers.
So here's my new one if anyone wants to know.
1 - geometry - Reimann
2 - Orchestra
3 - seminary - Olson (I think he spells it with an O...)
4 - English - Olsen
5 - Geography - Price (which means it's still after lunch, even though it's a period sooner)
6 - Science - Domgaard
7 - Art - Gustaveson, aka Gus (her last day of the whole school year is Feb. 6. She has to go have back surgery. It's kinda sad. I don't really like subs, especially in art. But she says that she got a good one. I hope she does what Gus had planned though... Then it wouldn't feel so much like we got a whole new teacher.)
So yeah, I have 1st lunch. But we all know who's in all our classes already...so that probably doesn't do anyone much good.


And...I got set apart as the Miamaid president. I'm both excited and scared at the same time. I haven't really done anything concerning my calling yet though. We haven't even set apart our secretary yet. So we haven't had a presidency meeting or planned a calling tree yet...


My mom made eclairs the other night...Uh, it was on Sunday. Yummy things. They are delicious. I always love to eat them at people's wedding receptions. I haven't been to one in forever though. That's sad. It's so happy when people get married.


And last night I went to get a composition notebook for science. First I went with my mom, two of my sisters, and my brother to try to find one at Smith's. There wasn't any. So then my dad took me to Wal-Mart. And I got one.
But then, we were almost home, he took a detour and we went to the church. And I drove. It was kinda nice to do it again. I drove in a few circles. Then a guy came out. So we went home. And he let me drive. I get kinda scared driving on the actual roads. I mean, technically it's like illegal for me to be driving. (Although I've driven past a couple of cops before. Guess I'm not bad enough that they can tell I don't have my permit yet.) But that's not why it makes me nervous. Having other cars makes it scaryish. Like I'm not scared...more like worried I guess...maybe?
And then between my house and the church is a hill. Normal hills I'm okay with. But this hill...the road twists, like an "S". And it's kinda steep. I'm afraid I'm gonna crash into the house at the end of the curve. Except my dad's more scared of that possibility than I am. So I take it at like 5mph.
So's that's drivning. It's fun. Scary. Fun. Cool.
But since it had been like all winter since I drove last, I forgot some stuff. Sometimes I confuse the gas and brake...forget which order to do things before ya actually start driving.
But I get my permit in March! Yay! It'll actually be legal for me to drive!
Funness...

No comments: