On Saturday, my aunt (my dad's sister) came to visit (from Wyoming) while I was gone practicing.
They brought fudge. It was not good. It was grainy and had clumps of chocolate in it. But my mom said it was her first try (or something like that) and really good fudge takes practice, so I don't blame her that it wasn't very good.
We didn't finish it until yesterday.
So anyway, on Sunday I decide to make some fudge. So I do. And I put it in the fridge to firm.
Yesterday morning, well I guess it was afternoon by the time I got around to doing this, I pulled it out, and cut it into squares. There were a few that just weren't very good-looking so we ate them.
You have not lived until you've tasted my fudge. It is soo good. It's not exactly my recipe, but it's delicious.
So anyway. We were going to give it to neighbors and such. So it was evening by the time I got my mom to help me figure out how much we needed to give away. I took the squarish pieces and put them on plates. I asked my mom how home-made they looked. Not very.
It is the most perfect fudge. No grains or clumps. Yummy.
So, tips on fudge making (or for making other candies).
Use a big, heavy, old, ugly pan.
Use a wooden spoon.
Do not stick your fingers in it to taste it.
Follow the directions to the letter.
Do not turn up the heat. I don't care how impatient you are for it to get done. It won't turn out right if you speed up the cooking.
Can't think of any more right now.
So bye! I'm gonna go eat some yummy fudge...
General Conference
16 years ago
1 comment:
Thanks for the advice! My grandma and I might make fudge soon, so that'll help!
Post a Comment